Well,
the absolute story of my life. My
real-estate broker calls with a genuine offer which, truthfully, I was quite
ready to simply accept. He must have put
in a call to the broker for the original low-ball bidders after that, though,
because the next thing I hear is that they’re stepping up their offer … a
LOT. We decide to counter both offers
with the same suggestion. All this
without really functional Internet – we are invited to displace whoever’s doing
their PAYING job in the office and utilize that PC, which we do … of course,
everything’s in Spanish and despite having watched a successful demo, I can’t
get a document to scan and attach. There’s
a fax, which seems to be sending but also is flashing an error message which I
can’t begin to decode. Finally I have
the wit to ask Google to translate it – it’s “please fix the paper jam.” Well THAT was easy enough. I remind all parties and anyone else who will
listen that I will have to make my decision on WEDNESDAY as I’m travelling all
day tomorrow.
Meanwhile,
Claudette’s friend is driving down from her ranch in Tepic and we have
encouraged her to sleep at our pad Monday night rather than drive the twisty,
slow road twice in one day (and going home in darkness). That seemed to be the deal … until Claudette
got a call saying be ready in half-an-hour!
So we had a bit of a flurry of packing, sold the remaining pesos to
Claudette for US dollars, met the friend and several family members, and
stuffed all into the car. PHEW!
Well,
now we have quite a bit of extra chicken for dinner as we had been hoarding for
an additional person, and now we have only two.
No matter, we cook up whatever’s left in the larder and save some for
sandwiches for dinner during our long layover in Houston tomorrow. We’ve been playing a fine board game, British
Rails, all day long and are sorry to have to fold the board up and pack!
No comments:
Post a Comment