Looks like my given role is to be first up after a late night, who knew? Up late isn’t usually my best event, but I was out for a beach stroll early this morning. I was reminded of a brief, happy encounter as we were ambling around the pools earlier in the week, when a woman came up behind me and complimented me on my jeans. It´s been a long, LONG time since I earned a compliment from behind!
After enjoying breakfast, Linda & Claudette went on down to the lazy river and some poolside reading; I got to work on the next needlework piece … to discover that I’m in need of some recalibration time. I’m moving from a yarn-based piece to a very fine counted-cross-stitch and found I could barely make out the stitching! A little concentration on the chart allowed me to determine where I’d left off and I did make a bit of progress, but had to chuckle at myself when, having already removed my glasses, I went to take them off AGAIN to make the close work easier. LOL!
To simplify our relocation in the morning, we enjoyed a torta using up the remaining eggs. Well-browned potatoes as the base, with a nice layer of sautéed onions & mushrooms. Though the pan had no non-stick coating, it generously ceded the eggs when asked politely. We all made some progress toward packing up, and I went down to formally check out and simplify our departure.
No comments:
Post a Comment